Staying Up-To-Date With Digital Literacy
Staying up-to-date with emerging learning technologies, tools and techniques is not an easy task due to the rapid pace at which it is evolving. So just how can the digital literacy practitioner keep abreast of the emerging learning technologies, tools and techniques?
- CPD – Take full advantage of CPD opportunities
- Digital Magazines – Subscribe to digital magazines and online newsletters
- Mentoring – Find yourself a mentor and learn from them
- Google Alerts – Set up Google Alerts and be notified of new developments as they happen
- Facebook Groups & Forums – Join relevant groups and forums to share information and resources
- Experiment – Download and use new apps, check out new programs and visit electrical stores to trial the latest technologies
- Networking – Meet up with colleagues and other professionals
- Read Reviews – Trade professionals often have advanced copies of the latest tools and technologies. Make a point to check these out.
- Social Media – Use Twitter, Linkedin and other sites to keep in touch with digital professionals
- Learners – Take note of what technologies, tools and techniques your learners are using and learn from them!
- Blogs – Check out the amateur bloggers who are passionate about digital technologies, tools and techniques.